In honor of National Poetry Month, we invite you to share an original STEM haiku.
Q. How do you write a STEM haiku?
A. Try this.
- Select a STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) topic.
- Brainstorm a list of words about your topic.
- Count the syllables in each word.
- Use the words to share a short STEM thought using the haiku format.
Q. What is the haiku format?
A. Haiku has 3 lines.
- The first line has 5 syllables.
- The second line has 7 syllables.
- The third and final line has 5 syllables.
- All About Haiku
- How to Write a Haiku | eHow.com
- KidZone Poetry – Haiku
- Haiku Poetry – FREE Presentations in PowerPoint format, Free Interactives and Games
Share your original STEM haiku with us by adding it to the comments below.
A blog is a place
to share your thoughts. We invite
you to share yours here…
© 2012 Anastasia Suen
(After you add your haiku, see the 2012 STEM Haiku that our readers shared.)